When a man ejaculates much before his partner can have an orgasm or if he faces trouble in controlling his ejaculations, then he suffers from premature ejaculation.
Sex researchers are also of the opinion that if a man ejaculates within two minutes of commencing sexual intercourse then he suffers from premature ejaculation. The reasons for premature ejaculation can be physical, psychological and medical.
Psychological Reasons for Premature Ejaculation
- The brain plays an active role in sexual performance.
- Psychological disorders such as stress, depression and anxiety can be reasons behind premature ejaculation.
- Childhood trauma such as sexual abuse may also affect a man’s performance in bed in his later life. The scarring of the psyche may lead a man to not being able to control his ejaculation.
- If you are bothered by work, the pressures of work, or if anything amiss in your relationship, you might not be sufficiently aroused to control the time of your ejaculation. This can cause problems during sex.
- Another possible reason that can lead to premature ejaculation in men is that the man cannot control the action. It may not be because of any disorder but a question of willpower and the sensitivity towards his partner’s needs.
Physical Reasons behind Premature Ejaculation
- Sensitive penile skin can be the reason behind premature ejaculation. This happens in men whose penises are extremely sensitive and the sensation caused while sexual intercourse leads to premature ejaculation.
- Weak or hypersensitive pelvic muscles can also be probable reasons behind premature ejaculations. Weak pelvic muscles affect sexual performance and also weaken the man’s ability to start or stop ejaculation. Premature ejaculation due to weak pelvic muscle is mostly involuntary when a man cannot control ejaculation.
- Some chemicals produced by nerve cells such as serotonin have been found to play an important role in ejaculation. A research carried out at the University of Nijmegen, in Netherlands has shown that serotonin blocking agents cause premature ejaculation in rats. Typically, serotonin is responsible for mood regulation.
Medical Reasons behind Premature Ejaculation
- Some ailments can also cause premature ejaculation in men. Multiple sclerosis, neurological disorders and sometimes nerve damage can also be the reason behind premature ejaculation.