Dealing with erectile dysfunction can be difficult on a relationship. But, sexual intercourse is not the only way to be intimate with your partner. There are sexual and non-sexual ways to remain close. Here are some tips.
- Talk about your feelings: Sharing the way you feel about each other can make the two of you closer. Open dialogue with your partner about each other’s needs and concerns helps to overcome barriers to a healthy relationship.
- Participate in common interests: Hobbies, sporting activities, or volunteer activities can bring couples closer together when they share interests.
- Make time to be alone together: Try taking a bath together, sharing a candlelight dinner, taking a walk, or just holding each other in bed.
- Experiment with alternative sexual techniques: Learn new sexual techniques that can bring pleasure without intercourse. Many bookstores carry books on alternative sexual practices.
- Talk to a sex counselor: If ED is straining your relationship, consider seeking care from a professional therapist.
- And finally, have fun trying new and different techniques, positions, accessories, etc. There is hope for ED, and you can have a fulfilling and satisfactory sex life. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Enjoy!